1. Scope of the Policy
This Policy applies to your use of Laoistourism.ie and your interaction with Laois Chamber Alliance. It covers all services which are supplied to you through your use of Laois Tourism.
2.1. Data Controller
For the purpose of data protection legislation, the data controller of Your Information where you have provided information is Laois Chamber Alliance. The processor of your data on behalf of Laois Tourism is Laois Chamber Alliance
Our Data Protection Officer may be contacted by emailing admin at Laois Tourism [email protected]
2.2. Information we may collect from you
The aim of Laois Chamber Alliance is to promote and engage with tourist related businesses in Laois, including but not limited to, accommodation providers, restaurants, activity providers, clubs and associations, festival committees and other related private businesses. The data collected is solely for developing relationships, cross promoting, driving engagement, producing marketing and promotional material.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Your name and email address if you submit a query on laoistourism.ie
- Your business details, opening hours, web address, phone number and other publicly available information on your business.
2.3 Information we will collect automatically
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Application, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
Google Maps widget (Google Inc.)
Google Maps is a maps visualization service provided by Google Inc. that allows this Application to incorporate the content of this kind on its pages.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
2.4. Our use of information relating to you
We use information we collect about you with your consent only. You can withdraw your consent at any time from our use of your information by emailing [email protected]. We do not share your details at any time without your consent or where it is understood that a commercial or relationship benefit will occur that is mutually beneficial to all parties.
We use information relating to you in order to provide you with a tourism support service and to make laoistourism.ie available to you and to develop and personalise our service to you so that we understand how you are using the Services and the Sites and to enable us to communicate with you more effectively, through the site or by e-mail to:
· Provide support in delivering a tourism product in Laois;
· Keep you informed about new products and services, new developments, festivals & events which we believe may be of interest to you, or which you may be entitled to;
· Inform you of our promotions;
· Carry out market research;
· Carry out activities necessary to the running of our business, including system testing, Network monitoring, staff training, quality control and any legal proceedings;
· Carry out any activities or disclosures to comply with any regulatory, government or legal obligations or in making the disclosures.
· Achieve any other lawful purpose, including the sharing with third parties where you have given any consent required by law to such use.
· System logs and maintenance. For operation and maintenance purposes, this Application and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with this Application (System logs) use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
2.5. Disclosure of your information
We take your privacy extremely seriously, and we never sell lists or email addresses.
We may share information relating to You with third parties engaged by us to deliver your products or administer the Services or the website.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share information relating to you to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request;
2.6. Contacting and Communication
Contact and communication with this website will be at the discretion of the visitor. To the best of our ability any personal information entered into the site will be kept secure.
Typically the personal information will be gathered explicitly through filling out a form or providing these details in an email or other communication. This information may include names, email addresses, street addresses and/or telephone numbers. By providing this information to the operator of the site either through the website, through email or another communication medium, you give your consent for them to use these details to identify and contact you.
This information will not be shared with third parties without permission.
Laois Chamber Alliance
Email: [email protected]