What’s On Guide
From ancient festivals in the Slieve Bloom Mountains to modern day merry-making, Laois has enjoyed a party more than most for thousands of years. With over 60 events happening each month , you are most definitely invited to celebrate with us.
And from major international music weekends to local fiestas covering everything from scarecrows and storytelling, to drama and literature, you’re sure to find your tribe. For the outdoor enthusiast there’s weekly guided walks, runs and cycles. Come join us as we celebrate the length and breadth of the county – morning, noon, and night…
- This event has passed.
Slieve Bloom Weekend Walks – Brittas Lake
16th October @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm€5
Slieve Bloom Walking Club organise regular guided walks throughout the year.
- Walks are open to members and non-members. Why not join our club and enjoy walks every Sunday throughout the year.
- Registration takes place prior to the start of each walk. The fee is €5 per per walk (accompanied children are free) or annual membership of €20 (single) or €30 (family).
- Dogs are not allowed.
- Walkers participate at their own risk.
- Strong waterproof footwear and protective outdoor clothing is advisable.
- Grade A and B walks are for walkers who walk on a regular basis and have a reasonable level of fitness, are properly equipped and have sufficient food and drink to sustain themselves.
- A and B walks are in remote wilderness areas of the Slieve Blooms only accessible on foot and rarely frequented by hill walkers.