What’s On Guide
From ancient festivals in the Slieve Bloom Mountains to modern day merry-making, Laois has enjoyed a party more than most for thousands of years. With over 60 events happening each month , you are most definitely invited to celebrate with us.
And from major international music weekends to local fiestas covering everything from scarecrows and storytelling, to drama and literature, you’re sure to find your tribe. For the outdoor enthusiast there’s weekly guided walks, runs and cycles. Come join us as we celebrate the length and breadth of the county – morning, noon, and night…
Forest Fest 2022 – Emo Village
22nd July @ 6:00 pm - 24th July @ 12:00 am
New Summertime Boutique Festival to enjoy, Forest Fest at Emo Village for a weekend of music and arts – headlined by The Waterboys. For weeks the line-up has been the talk of the town. Now Forest Fest is on track to be the soundtrack of the summer, a success story staged in Emo village from July 22 to 24. “It’s all about the line-up really. It’s turning heads, stealing the show, and really catching on with music fans right across the country. With over forty acts and different bands taking to the stage over the weekend Forest Fest is shaping up as the soundtrack of the summer,” says delighted promoter, Philip Meagher.
Performing at Forest Fest, Emo village on July 22, 23 and 24 will be – The Waterboys, The Stunning, The 4 of Us, Jack L, Something Happens, King Kong Company, Cathy Davey, Damien Dempsey, Hothouse Flowers, Hermitage Green, Harvest, Thumper, Hamsandwich, The Riptide Movement, Soda Blonde, Paddy Casey, Greenshine, Mundy, Lisa Lambe, Strand, Inni-K, Walk The Line, The Lost Messiahs, AIS, Stockton’s Wing, Eileen Gogan, Pogueology, The Big Spoon, Carpark Sci-Fi, Pearly Whites, Paper Planes, Dopamine.
While the Forest Fest line-up speaks for itself, there’s much more to the festival on July 22, 23 & 24 than the bonanza of the best bands. “Forest Fest is a boutique festival which draws on all the attributes of the original open-air festivals and their ethos – family friendly, relaxed, chilled-out, easy going and capturing that summer vibe, a weekend of fun and friendships to be savoured to the soundtrack of memorable music,”
There will be 3 different stages at Forest Fest as well as a dedicated children’s’ zone, ‘The Forests Edge’ which will present a diverse kids programme of activities right throughout the weekend. Children under 12 have free admission to the festival, once accompanied by a ticker holder adult, and always supervised. – More Information
Forest Fest is strictly an over 18 event, and all ticket holders must be over 18.
Family Camping and Shuttle Buses:
- In response to requests from festival fans Forest Fest has secured additional camping space and is designating this space for caravans, priority camping and family camping. Both campsites at Forest Fest will have services and facilities but not electric hook-up, which is similar to other events. Forest Fest is a boutique style festival in the ethos and spirit of the popular and well-established Body & Soul, and all facilities are within close proximity and easy walking distance of the main festival arena.
- The Forest Fest arena site in the heart of the village will have three stages to ensure continuity, and to allow fans to see all the main acts if they wish to do so.
- The Festival Club and Festival Green Room at Forest Fest will be located about 500 metres away from the main arena and situated at Batonis Restaurant and Courtyard.
- Parking at Forest Fest is free of charge and there will be a comprehensive shuttle bus service in operation from surrounding towns, and accommodation providers to ensure easy access and convenience for festival fans.
- All children under 12 go free to the festival, provided they are accompanied by a ticket-holding adult, and supervised by them at all times.