What’s On Guide
From ancient festivals in the Slieve Bloom Mountains to modern day merry-making, Laois has enjoyed a party more than most for thousands of years. With over 60 events happening each month , you are most definitely invited to celebrate with us.
And from major international music weekends to local fiestas covering everything from scarecrows and storytelling, to drama and literature, you’re sure to find your tribe. For the outdoor enthusiast there’s weekly guided walks, runs and cycles. Come join us as we celebrate the length and breadth of the county – morning, noon, and night…
- This event has passed.
Foraging Course (How to Make Blackberry Compote & Elderberry Syrup)
19th September @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm€25
Foraging Course Contents
- You will get the opportunity to touch, smell, taste and see the plants that are growing in our own environment
- Learn how to use free food that can be found in rural and urban areas to create home remedies and great tasting compotes
- On this foraging course, you will also learn about the medicinal benefits of plants and fruits that grow wild in our hedgerows
- Not only nutritious and tasty, but packed with vitamins and immuno boosters
- All materials and equipment will be provided
- You will get to take home a pot of blackberry compote and elderberry syrup to enjoy after the foraging course
- Our expert staff will be on hand to give support & ideas throughout the workshop