BALLINTUBBERT GARDENS & HOUSE – Country House venue and Organic Garden
Located in a picturesque valley between the village of Stradbally and the town of Athy, this beautifully restored Georgian residence has wonderful literary and theatrical associations and could be your home from home. Previous residents include renowned personalities such as C. Day-Lewis (Poet Laureate and father of actor Daniel Day-Lewis), actor Sebastian Shaw and actor Sir John Hurt.
Exclusive & Private Rental
By booking exclusive hire of the house, you can gather family, friends or colleagues in your own lavishly appointed Georgian manor & fourteen acres of organic gardens.
Discerningly furnished while homely & cosy, Ballintubbert's farmhouse kitchen is beautifully appointed for all your self-catering needs. If you don’t want to cook we can arrange our private chef to leave you meals or cook for you during your stay. Your 9 luxurious bedrooms make it the perfect place to gather family and friends.
Separate meeting room and events spaces for up to 200 guests are also available.
14 acres of Organic Gardens surrounding an 18th Century Georgian Manor House
The gardens at Ballintubbert are a series of Garden Rooms arranged symmetrically around the centrepiece of the simple Georgian manor house. The gardens have been developed since the 1850s and are continuing to develop following the Arts and Crafts tradition, using a series of living garden rooms to create an ever-changing journey through the grounds. Recently described as “An enchanting work of art- intimate and extraordinarily peaceful.”
- Georgian Manor | restored 18th Century Manor | historic estate | cultural links | private and exclusive
- Former Residents | poet C. Day-Lewis |Star Wars actor, Sebastian Shaw | renowned actor, Sir John Hurt
- Accommodation | Manor House | Garden Wing |Yurts in summer | beautiful Georgian style |total capacity of 30 guests
- Garden Rooms | a series of Garden Rooms creating a wonderful journey through the grounds
- The Fountain Garden| inspired by Sir Edwin Lutyen
- Baile an Tobair | Irish for Ballintubbert; meaning Town of the Wells blessed with mineral rich water
- Herb Garden | recreation of the 1930’s herb garden by former house resident, Darth Vader actor, Sebastian Shaw
- Remote Retreat | exclusive hire | low carbon venue | accommodation | unique spaces | 14 acres of organic gardens
- Wellness | retreat into nature | earth yourself in the gardens | explore |meditate | rejuvenate
- Events | join us for our music nights in the wonderful heated Grand Pavilion. All details on www.ballintubbert.com
The gardens are open next on September 17th 2023. Booking is essential www.ballintubbert.com/book-now. The gardens are closed to the public outside of these times.